We are pleased to confirm that we are fully open and look forward to welcoming you soon. We have implemented all govenment guidelines as listed below.
SEATING AND ORDERING
• ARRIVE AT MAIN ENTRANCE ON THE FAR LEFT AS YOU FACE THE BUILDING
• WAIT IN QUEUE FOR A HOST
• PLEASE HAVE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS & VEHICLE REGISTRATION No AT HAND
• HOST WILL TAKE YOUR DETAILS AND REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE
• YOU WILL BE ASKED IF YOU HAVE ANY COVID 19 SYMPTOMS
• ON ENTERING YOUR TEMPERATURE WILL BE TAKEN USING A DIGITAL THERMOMETER
• YOU WILL BE PROVIDED WITH HAND SANITISER TO SANITISE YOUR HANDS
• YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO YOUR TABLE
• PLEASE SCAN THE QR SCAN CODE ON YOUR PHONE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP
• MAKE A NOTE OF YOUR TABLE NUMBER
• YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ORDER AND PAY VIA OUR APP
• FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE SERVED TO YOUR TABLE BY A TEAM MEMBER ON A TRAY
• PLEASE REPLACE ALL USED ITEMS ON THE TRAY WHICH WILL BE COLLECTED BY ONE OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS
• TOILET FACILITIES FOR THE RESTAURANT ARE LOCATED IN THE MAIN DINING ROOM ONLY ONE PERSON FOR EACH TOILET WILL BE ALLOWED IN AT ANYTIME
• TOILET FACILITIES FOR THE BAR & GARDEN ARE SITUATED BETWEEN THE MAIN ENTRANCE AND EXIT CORRIDOR ONLY ONE PERSON FOR EACH TOILET MALE AND FEMALE WILL BE PERMITTED
• A TEAM MEMBER WILL BE MONITORING AND CONTROLLING THIS SO PLEASE BE PATIENT PARENTS WITH
YOUNG CHILDREN WILL BE PERMITTED TO ESCORT ONE CHILD
• WHEN LEAVING PLEASE FOLLOW THE SIGNS TO EXIT
• PLEASE MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES CUSTOMERS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED AT THE BAR
AT ANYTIME EXCEPT IN EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
• CUSTOMERS ARE ASKED NOT TO SHOUT OR LAUGH LOUDLY TO AVOID AIRBORNE CONTAMINATION
• CUSTOMERS ARE ASKED TO BE SEATED AT ALL TIMES POSSIBLE AND TO KEEP CHILDREN SAT DOWN AT
ANYONE WHO ARE DEEMED TO BREAK THE GUIDELINES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE AND MAY RESULT IN
PERMANENT EXCLUSION FROM THE PREMISES AND REPORTED TO THE POLICE.
WE WANT ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS TO ENJOY THEIR VISIT AT THE GREYHOUND
WE ASK THAT YOU RESPECT OUR GUIDELINES FOR YOUR SAFETY OTHER PATRONS AND OUR STAFF.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION
We have teamed up with WYN Delivery service and can now offer a full delivery service including bottled beers and wines. The full menu and online ordering is available here on our website:
Delivery is free for orders over £25 and a £4 delivery charge applies otherwise. Please be patient as at peak times orders can take a while to process. Alternatively, call us early to book a deliver for later on the telephone number below. Thank you.
We are open now 5-10pm 7 days a week.
Call us on tel: 01293 884220 to pre order your delivery or with any queries and many thanks for your continued support in these difficult times.
Please note we have had to cancel the British & World Marble Championships this year – we are sure you will understand.
A message for our customers
Since the reopening of pubs from 4th July, we have put in place a number of measures to ensure the safety of our customers and our teams.
Our family operates three pubs in the Crawley area – The Downsman, The Grasshopper and The Greyhound – which are run by entirely separate teams.
All three pubs have social distancing measures in place and we have followed the government guidelines to make sure our pubs are Covid-secure. Family members from different pubs have also not seen each other in more than two weeks since we reopened.
On Sunday 19 July we took the decision to close The Downsman after three of our team members returned positive tests for Covid-19. This was a great shock for the team and we wish our colleagues all the best with their recovery.
We have been in contact with Public Health England and Crawley Borough Council to ensure we are following all the necessary steps to protect public health.
While The Downsman is closed so we can thoroughly clean the pub, The Greyhound and The Grasshopper are safe to remain open as there is no crossover between the three pubs. There are no staff working at multiple pubs and members of our family haven’t seen each other since our pubs opened up two weeks ago. We have also checked this with Public Health England who advised us that there was no need to close either The Grasshopper or The Greyhound.
We have made available the details of those who visited The Downsman for the NHS Test and Trace team if they require them and we hope to have the pub back open again very soon once we are assured that it is safe to do so.
We would like to repeat our thanks to all our customers for their support and understanding at this time. We clearly did not want to be closing any of our pubs so close to reopening but we wanted to put people’s safety first and do the right thing. We hope this offers reassurance that we are doing all we can to protect public health and that The Grasshopper and The Greyhound are safe to be open and welcoming customers.